top of page
If you have an active membership, your total will reflect that once you select the quantity. Login here.
Time & Location
Aug 25, 2022, 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
Cactus Aquatic Park, 7202 E Cactus Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA
About the event
Youth on Monday
HS on Thursday
Monday & Thursday 7:00am-8am $40 per session
- Body Posture- Staying shoulder with apart, keeping head up,
- Eye, head and hand placement - Your eyes should concentrate on the hips of the ball carrier. Control comes from the eyes
- Acceleration - Getting to the ball carrier and leaving limited space
- Shimmy/Hot Feet -Breaking down under control to make the tackle
- Contact Point - When meeting the ball carrier
- Shoulder - should be parallel when you gather to tackle. This will allow you to react properly in either direction.
- Wrapping Up - Upon contact, your arms should come up alongside the ball carrier. You lock your arms around the body of the ball carrier. If you cannot lock, then grab as much cloth of the ball carrier as you possibly can. The combination of arms and legs will determine whether the ball carrier falls forward or backwards after contact.
- Legs /Glutes- Your legs are very important in getting lift into your tackle. Your legs also are essential in driving the ball carrier backwards following initial contact. The ability to move your legs “through” a ball carrier is essential.
Fundamental Tackle Training
bottom of page